Non-Resident Tax Filing - Mississauga Accounting Firm | Hotay CPA

Non-Resident Tax Filing

You are a non-resident for tax purposes if you:

  • normally, customarily, or routinely live in another country and are not considered a resident of Canada
  • do not have significant residential ties in Canada
    • you live outside Canada throughout the tax year
    • you stay in Canada for less than 183 days in the tax year

We will file your returns to ensure you meet the current Canadian standards For the returns to be filed as non-resident, all income earned within Canada needs to be reported.

The most common types of Canadian income subject to Part XIII tax are:

  • dividends
  • rental and royalty payments
  • pension payments
  • old age security pension
  • Canada Pension Plan and Quebec Pension Plan benefits
  • retiring allowances
  • registered retirement savings plan payments
  • registered retirement income fund payments
  • annuity payments
  • management fees

Do connect with us to ensure you are in the right category for filing.

Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation.

Hotay Professional Corporation
315 Traders Boulevard East, Unit #4
Mississauga, ON L4Z 3E4

"Saving businesses one file at a time"